Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sleep and morning

I am often surprised who is awake at four in the morning.
Me, the aliens that live with me in my house,
the jerk next door who complains about my music being too loud.
My coffee pot.
It's awake.
They might be real the aliens.
I can't tell.
I'm a lot less scared of them than I used to be.
Maybe it is because they're with me all the time now.
I could never tell if they're real or not.
I can't sleep without the light on and
I'm 31 at the end of July.
You would think that I could sleep in the dark by myself.
Actually I guess its because I never feel alone that I need the light on.
I'm thankful for my dressing gown. It keeps me warm.
It feels like coming home.
My friend Dan lent me a jacket that feels like home too.
So even when I go out I can still be at home.
I'm not even close to being an adult.
Perhaps there is a pill I can take?
Get to work on time pill.
Make sure you wash yourself pill.
Clean your teeth pill.
I want to say goodbye to the lights on at night time.
Goodbye to my grey friends.
I hope I grow up soon.
I'm sick of being a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment