Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home

On the way home from Redcliffe this morning I had a day dream.
The road in front of me was bordered by brown grass and in front of me was a single hill.
As I turned the corner to go around the hill all the traffic disappeared and the road stretched itself out for a thousand kilometers.
On this road there is no destination.
No place to stop.
Just a road to drive on.
At that point I could see the peace and the emptiness that waited for me.
Clarity, sedation.
Running away.
It's all I can think about at the moment.
Leaving behind all the uncertainty, all of the risk,
everything that would bring me pain and happiness.
A quiet road.
Me and the car.
A thousand kilometers to clear my head.
But I've never been one for easy.
So my little day dream can go fuck itself.
I will forge and grow all the things I want.
Fuck you day dream, fuck you.

This is no time for indulging in weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment