Friday, May 10, 2013

Missing

I haven't written anything of a creative persuasion in quite a while. The urge to write just hasn't been present. In the past I have felt words and ideas swell and gestate in me. My emotional and intellectual, alchemy would brew, fester and then eventually spill out. A gently squeezed, emotional Mt Vesuvius would run through my diaries and in time words would appear on this blog. It is now a most infrequence occurence and is a form of creativity that I wish to reclaim.

The question that I've been working on is why exactly have I stopped writing? The most obvious explanation would be that I've been taking anti depressants again for almost a year now. My resulting emotional stability has removed a great deal of the fuel on which I used to run my writing. In time I look forward to replacing it with a new source of fodder. Something rich, powerful and sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment