Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ducks on a pond

A person sits in a room pondering how to bring meaning to the night time.
The person is me.
There is nothing special about this as it is something we all struggle with.
Lately though, over the last couple of nights, it has weighed more heavily on my mind than usual. Activity is generally my solution to this problem.

Exercise.
Painting.
Singing.
Drinking.

Unfortunately, often, all of this seems like empty work.
Tonight I want to know how to end these questions.
I want to know how to bring richness, clarity and peace to my life.
Does the solution reside in people? In friends and lovers? In family?
Work?

There is probably no answer.
I suspect that life is a unknowable curiosity and that there is nothing of substance to be gleaned from our lives.
No conclusions to draw.
No solid ontological base to work from.
No truth, fleeting or permanent.

Enough. I'm not going to ever reach any reasonable resolution.
Not tonight anyway.

So, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment